Sunday, January 15, 2012

Dinner Parties


My first fire-alarm fiasco... So on Thursday I decided to have a few people over for dinner. Ever since I  started using my grill pan with the Rachel Ray recipe, I feel like a superstar. So naturally I felt that my pork was too good to be simply sauteed in the pan.. as if I'm still using that teeny tiny kitchen in Paris.. I got the gadgets, I'm gonna use them! 

Cut to: 10 pieces of pork on the grill pan and both fire alarms raging against the machine at decible level 1billion! And then there's me.. running around like a headless chicken, opening all the windos and violently waving my roommate's USC blanket at those blasted fire alarms. I mean NOTHING was burning.. it's a grill, smoke is an appropriate side-effect. So after 10-15 min of trying to stop the madness.. I realized.. oh my gosh if I don't stop I really will burn the pork and the cream sauce.. 

Long story short, the alarm eventually stopped, dinner was fabulous and I had a new experience. 

Dates stuffed with Danish blue cheese
Garnished with mint

Menu
Grilled Pork 
Marinated in fresh herbs, lemon juice, garlic, mustard and EVOO
Covered in a cream sauce

with
Couscous, broccoli, roasted sweet potatoes and rolls

and 
Jenny's Funfetti cookies for dessert!



On Saturday, I went to a Thanksgiving dinner party. Anything I may have missed by spending Thanksgiving abroad was made up for last night: great food, crazy friends, American football, pets running around out and inappropriate jokes ;)

 Menu
Turkey and Gravy
Cranberry Sauce
Cornbread Casserole
Sweet Potato Casserole 
Mashed Potatoes 
Spinach Dip
Guacomole
Brussel Sprouts
Jello Shot Cake
Chocolate Bunt Cake
Pecan Pie
Apple Pie







No comments:

Post a Comment